2 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButler

DaveButler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

You can see the race with a great feed on cycling.tv for free today. The Spidertech boys are in action and they are in the break of the day (nice one).

www.cycling.tv

#2 glenlivit

glenlivit

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I went there. It was not live and they (announcers) spent a lot of time yakking. I watched it live on Sporza, in Dutch

#3 Mayo

Mayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'm so done with cycling.tv. I was a faithful viewer back when they were first starting out and all their coverage was free, including the Giro. When the Tour was on, they did this weird show in which they sat around a laptop and yakked about what they were watching. But they had good prizes for the daily trivia contest so I kept it open in a window on my computer while I watched the race on OLN; I scored a Rapha jacket on one of their quizzes. Of course it was only a matter of time before they started charging, but I happily forked over the $30 subscription fee to be able to view races I'd never seen before with some quality commentary. Then they started messing around with their player, boosted the subscription fee and lost the rights to a number of races, like the Giro. Technical enquiries went unanswered. Races were promised then not delivered, or were lost in their convoluted geographical restrictions. It was a mess. Still is, from the brief glimpse I took of them this morning. Like glenlivit, it was back to Sporza with their great Dutch commentary; my grasp of the language is improving every time out.
Nice to see a little rain mess things up in the Scheldepris for a change; it seems the past few years the Belgium races have been plagued by beautiful weather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users