17 replies to this topic

#1 vistaliving

vistaliving

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

can anyone confirm who (in Canada) will be broadcasting the Tour this year? Friend said he saw in ad that it will be broadcast on TSN2.... 2!! I don't get TSN2 and if this is the case, I'm gonna wish that I got last year's poor OLN coverage back.

Couldn't seem to find anything to confirm this, maybe I didn't do a proper search.

I guess I best be prepared to watch the online feeds that may be available. Better than nothing.

Thanks

#2 David Conroy

David Conroy

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

TSN have coverage rights for a few years...

Online they are saying TSN and TSN2 with HD Offerings!

Will be interesting to see how they split it up... live vs tape delay, etc. No schedules yet.

I think if you're on Rogers, you can order TSN2 as a single channel and then cancel it after the tour

#3 vistaliving

vistaliving

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

Hmmm... just found this.

http://www.tsn.ca/cy...ature/?id=43897

TSN2.... also don't have digital cable, so don't think I'm even eligible to subscribe to tsn2 if I wanted to.

Oh well.

#4 Jerome

Jerome

Uber Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

Last year I paid to watch the online feed on Versus, not sure if it will be offered this year if TSN has Canadian rights. Was well worth it as you could watch on demand.

#5 vistaliving

vistaliving

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Last year I paid to watch the online feed on Versus, not sure if it will be offered this year if TSN has Canadian rights. Was well worth it as you could watch on demand.

I emailed Versus and they replied indicating that their live feed is for US resident's only.

#6 Tornado

Tornado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

I just got this link today in my in box.

http://tourdefrance.nbcsports.com/

#7 vistaliving

vistaliving

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

That's the access I emailed about. Lmt to US resident.

#8 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

That's the access I emailed about. Lmt to US resident.

That is what they told me at Universalsports for the Giro 2011, after emailing again, they said it will work in Canada and it did. It was perfect coverage. Also, I was still able to view the 2010 Giro.

Versus TDF worked last year in Canada, and I believe Versus is owned by NBC. I signed up for 2011 without any issues, its $30. But I guess if it doesn't work, I might have to ask for a refund:-).

#9 felt tip

felt tip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

I've done the same as Stefan. I figured, if they take my money with a Canadian address, that bodes well.

I've been pretty well taken care of by NBC Universal's customer service in the past (remedying excess/erroneous charges). If it turns out they don't stream to Canada, I'm not too worried about getting my money back. I would never say the same for the nefarious cycling.tv.

Is anyone else kind of stoked for the action to begin?

#10 melslur

melslur

Uber Member

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'm watching it on justin.tv

#11 felt tip

felt tip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

I'm now doing the same.

It turns out vistaliving was correct: the Universal Sports package is only available to US residents (the website has since been updated).

I'm holding out hope that this will be resolved shortly, otherwise this is a pretty sad day for North American cycling broadcasting. I thought versus was really onto something last year by offering video to Canada. It looks like we've just taken a big step backwards.

#12 Mayo

Mayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

It looks like we've just taken a big step backwards.

Let's hope TSN controllers figure out that the Tour doesn't always end at a set time every day so they can show us an umpteenth replay of the previous night's Sportscentre...

#13 tweety102us

tweety102us

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

It looks like we've just taken a big step backwards.

Let's hope TSN controllers figure out that the Tour doesn't always end at a set time every day so they can show us an umpteenth replay of the previous night's Sportscentre...

I'm actually surprised that TSN cut back to the race. Normally a 20th repeat of Sportscentre would trump the finish of the opening stage of the TdF.

They have been cutting into Formula 1 for years

#14 hill47

hill47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Signed up for TDF on NBC before they posted it was only available in the U.S. and sure enough it doesn't work.

#15 ernie

ernie

Uber Member

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Paid Telus for TSN2 (plus other sports channels) coverage. Found out while browsing that NBC is carrying daily Versus for free and I get it on satellite! Not amused!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users